Yo, I'm Michael, a software engineer and fifth year CS undergraduate at Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria.
I have intermittent interests in a bunch of stuff like:
- Running (one marathon and counting :))
- FPGAs and CPU design
- Generative art (with Processing)
- Sci-Fi books (and all things Red Rising!)
About programming, my current interests are in storage, databases (internals and observability) and the
challengesfun of distributed systems.
These days, I work mostly on PMM at Percona and help maintain SpinUp, an open-source "database-in-docker" orchestration tool.
I also contribute to:
- Thanos - a highly available Prometheus setup with long-term storage capabilities.
- MariaDB - an open-source relational database with MySQL compatibility..
Occasionally, I share the things I learn by publishing
articles on the Twilio Blog
the LogRocket blog
and my personal blog